8.24.2012

Vegas Pt. 2 - Activities!

After being in Vegas for 6 days, it started to feel like home. There were many things I got to do and crossed off my list but I still feel like I missed out on so much while I was there. Here are some of the things I did on my stay.

For the 'first timers':


Gambling and Drinking (Anywhere):
As a 21 year old, I finally have the privilege to gamble and drink. I am not much of a gambler but I am willing to have a few drinks. Fat Tuesday was the big hit between my friends and I. They are refreshing alcoholic slushies, perfect for the desert sun. I had one almost every day. They are a must and are located in various hotels across the strip!

TAO Beach (The Venetian):
I am happy that we went to a pool party with the heat but TAO was very disappointing. The actual TAO pool looks like a kiddy pool with a bunch of guido-looking guys and maybe two girls in the water. We got in, got our drinks (free for ladies during a specific time), and then left to go to the bigger pool a few feet away. Bacardi had their own cabana on the side that would show you lessons how to make daiquiris, pina colada, and mojitos for free! Next time we'll got to Wet Republic.

Marquee (The Cosmopolitan):
MARQUEE WAS AWESOME! They have three floors with three different types of music. The atmosphere is out of this world and there is a bar everywhere you need one. The only negative is when my feet where barking there was no where to sit. If you sat at a cabana, you were automatically ushered out of it. So I suggest you buy bottle service if you want to sit, otherwise where heels that allow you to dance all night. 

For the adventurous:

The Roller Coaster (New York-New York):
There is almost no wait for this roller coaster. It was so a very unexpected ride. The first big drop was the scariest for me. You clearly were high above the Vegas strip and it slowly lowered into the steep dip. Like a flash, it quickly entered all the twists and turns. Great ride! {P.S. the camera is located at the little dippers midway through the ride.}

Top of the Stratosphere (Stratosphere):
We stayed at the Stratosphere Hotel our last night so, we were about to go to the observatory deck for free. Depending how adventurous you feel, you can get on one of the three rides, jump out of the 80th floor on a decelerator, or simply enjoy the view from the top. By this time everyone was broke so we simply admired Vegas from the top of the Stratosphere.

Cirque Du Soleil: Mystere (Treasure Island):
In tradition Vegas fashion, you must see one of their amazing shows. I wanted to watch Celine Dion but I was out voted and we watched Cirque du Soleil. I was the only one who had watch one before so, I enjoyed watching everyone's eyes light up with the show. The Mystere was mind blowing as all Cirque du Soleil shows are, but this one has no concept or theme behind it. It felt disconnected but bewildering nonetheless.

Zip Line (Fremont Street):
Zip lining down Fremont Street was at the top of my list and it did not disappoint. My boyfriend and his friend (who is 6'1" and scared of heights, ironic?) were nervous upon reaching to the top of the tower to jump off. I was very proud that they both did it. As for the zip line, it was so thrilling and there is so much energy being under the mosaic of lights and the energy of the crowd below you. I was just sad it was so short. This is a must!


For the '(I lost all my money) broke':

Conservatory and Botanical Gardens (Bellagio):
If you are on a budget, there are plenty of things to see that are free. The gardens are a beautiful display and they change every season. It is also a good opportunity to take pictures.

Fountains of Bellagio (Bellagio):
This is one of my favorites. It's great to watch in the day time but ten fold better at night. They have shows every 15 minutes. I literally stood in front of these fountains memorized for almost an hour just watching the dancing water. I was upset that we couldn't see Celine Dion in concert but I was satisfied after I saw the fountains playing to "My Heart Will Go On."

Volcano (The Mirage):
The volcano was on our list of things to do but on a whim we saw it erupt. That fire was HOT!! It was a striking with its massive fire balls shooting high into the sky. Very 'cool' to see if you get the chance to see it.

Welcome to Las Vegas Sign (South of Mandalay Bay):
If you drive to Vegas, I highly suggest that you stop and take a picture at the welcome sign. It might be cheesy to some but I feel an obligation to take a picture with the welcome sign. It is as if the sign is welcoming you with open arms, just as the city is. 

Vegas, you were wonderful and beautiful. I will see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment